Hear from our employees
Kingston Upon Thames (head office)
In this role you will draw on a comprehensive understanding of Intelligent Environment’s (IE) digital financial services solutions and components to identify and communicate the key benefits to prospects, clients and partners.
This role uses consulting skills to build an intimate understanding of prospective clients’ business problems, objectives and priorities. It will require the ability to map and prioritise client needs to IE’s solution, and convince the client of the business benefits through interaction, correspondence, proposals, presentations and demonstrations throughout the sales process.
Reporting directly to the Head of Pre-Sales, the position sits within the wider sales team, under the leadership of the Sales Director.
As well as working closely with our own sales team, you will work with the sales and pre-sales teams within our strategic partners (including global tier one organisations), and support responses to their clients.
You will be expected to travel with sales team members to client sites during the sales process to meet and present to mid and senior level client representatives. On occasion, this may require overnight stay and/or international travel.
Here at Intelligent Environments we are passionate about digital solutions for financial services. Our mission is to enable our clients to deliver simple, secure and effortless digital solutions to their customers. We are a software product company, with a proven technology platform and services that deliver world-class experiences to our customers.
Our products and services provide our clients with a faster route to market, expertise in managing the complexity of digital services, and a roadmap for constantly evolving digital solutions. At the heart of our solutions is our core Interact® platform, providing a robust set of services, features and APIs all designed for rapid deployment to high-end virtualised infrastructures. These services enable our clients to provide secure customer acquisition, account services and collections across online and mobile channels.
Trusted by major financial services providers for our security, performance and reliability, Intelligent Environments are experts at keeping our clients at the forefront of the fast-moving technology and social landscape. For many years we have been at the heart of a wide range of financial organisations including HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Sainsbury’s Bank and Toyota Financial Services.
Our head office is set on the riverside in vibrant Kingston-upon-Thames, in the UK, with further offices in the historic Titanic Quarter of Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Assist the sales team in all stages of the sales process, including responding to tender enquiries, as well as contributing to solution design and implementation discussions
- Help identify/develop/prove the business case for the IE solution
- Manage bids from early engagement to closure from a pre-sales perspective
- Ensure the highest completion standards in tender documentation in conjunction with the sales team
- Conduct demonstrations and presentations highlighting IE’s product features and business usage to prospects, clients and partners
- Work with the design studio team to generate client branded demonstrations where appropriate to the needs of specific prospects and campaigns
- Work closely with project and product delivery in defining solution scope and establishing associated implementation and product development effort required as the basis of commercial pricing decisions, and assist during business analysis phases as and when required.
- Work with the product delivery function within IE, to understand and feed into the product roadmap process with new requirements raised in client meetings and RFP documents.
Your Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reasoning skills
- Good influencing and presentation skills with a relaxed, positive attitude
- Excellent proposal and technical writing skills
- Planning and prioritisation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the sales process
- Strong professional presence
- Solid analytical skills to analyse our prospects’ and clients’ business requirements and match the appropriate IE solution as part of a consultative selling campaign
- Appreciation of underlying technologies: Microsoft .NET, SQLServer, iOS, Android, etc.
- Knowledge of financial services industry standard secure web and mobile app channels
- An understanding of bank processing, transactions, payments and customer interaction channels
- A background in digital financial services and experience of working with clients in the banking sector
- A passion and depth of understanding for evolving digital technologies
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience in some of the following financial products and services: Asset finance, commercial banking, credit cards, current accounts, deposit savings, investments, loans, mortgages, motor finance, pensions, prepay accounts, and wealth management
- Awareness of security considerations underlying internet and mobile banking platforms
- Understanding of platform integration requirements.
- Experience using Salesforce.
- Basic Salary: based upon your skills and experience.
- Holidays: 25 working days plus 8 statutory holidays.
- Company Pension: the company contributes 4% of your basic salary once you have completed 3 months employment. If you wish, you may join sooner and make your own contributions.
- Life Assurance: pays a sum equivalent to four times your basic.
- Health Plan: On commencement of employment with the company you are eligible to join the company’s private health plan at no cost to you.
Kingston upon Thames
Belfast, Northern Ireland
No current vacancies
To apply for the above positions please contact Intelligent Environments Human Resources and attach a copy of your most recent CV (no recruitment agencies please).
Our core values
Want to know what drives us and makes us leaders in our field?
We make things happen. We do what we say we will do, and are prepared to make commitments whilst managing the risk. We are prepared to make decisions and stand by our results.
We are friendly, professional and respectful of others. We work collaboratively, embrace diversity and value relationships that are built on mutual trust, integrity & honesty.
We lead by example, and take responsibility for our part in the Company’s success, always acting in the best interests of colleagues, clients and the Company.
We are experts in our field, always seeking out opportunities to develop ourselves and improve how we work. We are passionate about innovation, and embrace change.
If you share these values and have the skills we need then we’d be delighted to hear from you.
In line with our core values we feel it is extremely important to give back, and the entire Intelligent Environments team is actively encouraged to support our chosen charity – The Emily Ash Trust.
The Emily Ash Trust aims to improve the quality of life of children, and young adults, suffering from cancer. It also aims to support the families – the parents and the siblings – of the children. Some of the ways the Trust helps is by organising Pamper Days, Sibling Days Out, Trips of Lifetime and purchasing books specifically written for children and young adults with cancer.
See below for some of the great ways we have raised money for our charity.
To learn more about this amazing charity and to find out how you too could help go to www.emilyashtrust.co.uk.
Wii 2 Our Mariokart Wii-Off Championship showed that there is no shortage of competitive spirit at Intelligent Environments.
The Mud Challenge The mud run showed that our team are wiling to take on any challenge.
Bake sale We have some aspiring bakers who are always more than happy to whip up some amazing delights for our charity.
Footie Intelligent Environments FC celebrates winning a 5-A-Side Football Tournament at the Lucozade Powerleague.