The Digital Banking Club’s most recent Live Debate was held on Wednesday 5th October at the Law Society HQ, London
Discussion points included:
- What benefits will the IoT bring to the financial services sector?
- Specifically how can the IoT be utilised to add value to the customer experience?
- Can today’s financial services infrastructures cope with all the data it will produce?
- Can the regulators keep up?
- How can banks deploy the Internet of things to collaborate with third parties such as loyalty companies and retailers to reward customers?
- What are the potential security and privacy concerns? Will the IoT leave consumers in a constant state of surveillance anxiety?
- Readiness and industry enthusiasm? How are financial services providers designing products and services that align with smart services and how should they approach investment?