The Digital Banking Club’s Q4 Live Debate was held on Thursday 1st December at the St Ermin’s Hotel, London.
Topic: Are Bots ready to be bankers?
Discussion points included:
• What use for Artificial Intelligence (AI) in banking?
• Could AI ever offer a better customer experience than human interaction?
• Is AI the answer to reducing the cost/income ratio in banking?
• Will AI further gravitate your customers away from your portal and onto via 3rd party platforms such as Apple Siri, Google Assistant & Amazon Echo?
The following joined our Chair, Douglas Blakey, Group Editor of Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric and Chairman of The Digital Banking Club:
- Wayne Bartlett,Chief Industry Strategist for Financial Services, Microsoft UK
- Terry Cordeiro, Head of Proposition Development, Digital and Transformation, Lloyds Banking Group
- Dhiraj Mukherjee, Head of Banking Innovation, Virgin Money
- Chris Withers, Head of Financial Services, IBM Watson Group
- Simon Cadbury, Director of Strategy and Innovation, Intelligent Environments