Once again, the annual Motor Finance Conference and Awards took place in 2017 at the Westin Grand Hotel in Frankfurt, in the heart of the industry’s regional centre. This year the conference expanded its footprint to incorporate a European-wide in-depth analysis of the market, as well as the rapidly evolving market of fleet financing.
The event took place at an important junction in motor finance. The ramifications of the credit crisis had reduced the appetite for risk, while the previous years’ soaring car sales left only one direction to take, downward. Combined with the flood of new market entrants and the increase in regulation, today’s market status in motor finance could not endure.
Motor Finance 2017 examined the involvement of all key industry stakeholders and their contribution to the market, the effects of the access economy and mobility on the development of financing and business models, and most recently the implications of Brexit.
The Motor Finance 2017 Conference assessed:
- The ascent of the access economy as a result of urbanisation and the impact on financing
- The effects of the latest developments in the European financial regulation framework
- The new trends in consumer credit, flexible lending products and fleet financing management
- Mobility, IoT, cognitive cars, cyber-security and the latest targeted software developments
- How to build your leasing business model to ensure continued market penetration growth
Attendees at the Motor Finance 2017 conference included CEOs, Chief Operating Officers, Managing Directors and Board Members from Government Agencies, Banks, Lenders, Captives, Challenger Banks, Challenge Funders, Lending Platforms and Disruptors, Fintechs, Middle market businesses, SME’s, Brokers , Advisors, Law Firms and Management Consultants.
David Webber, our Managing Director, was part of the panel that discussed ‘Globalisation, Urbanisation, Mobility and Product Digitalisation’ between 3:40pm – 4:10pm on the day.
Alongside David, a team from Intelligent Environments was present at the conference.