Our topic on this occasion was: With heightened regulatory scrutiny, could moving Motor Finance sales online deliver a more compliant customer outcome?
Discussion points included:
- Are humans able to sell a loan compliantly? What does a ‘compliant customer outcome’ look like?
- Could the motor finance houses follow the route of the retail banks by pushing sales of more complex products down the digital route?
- If motor finance sales moved online, what role for the dealer?
Our panel for this debate:
The debate was chaired by Jonathan Minter, Editor, Motor Finance and Chair of the DBC for Vehicle Finance. Jonathan was joined by:
- Chris Rowthorn, Head of Operations, MotoNovo Finance
- Joanne Davis, Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Maria Rogers, Head of Digital, Peugeot, Citroen and DS Automobiles UK
- Shamus Hodgson, Managing Director, Moneybarn
- David Webber, Chief Executive Officer, Whistlebrook
Motor Finance interviewed some of the panel ahead of the debate. Read more here:
- 60 Second Interview with Joanne Davis
- 60 Second Interview with Maria Rogers
- 60 Second Interview with Shamus Hodgson
- 60 Second Interview with David Webber
The Law Society, London WC2A 1PL