The Digital Banking Club Live Debate was held on Wednesday 5th October at the Law Society, London.
If you believe the hype, billions of objects will become connected over the next 5 to 10 years, as the Internet Of Things (IoT) opens up new business opportunities; enabling financial institutions to create and deepen relationships with consumers and force them to craft new experiences.
The motion for the live debate was:
“Just how much promise does the Internet Of Things offer the world of Financial Services?
The following joined our Chair, Douglas Blakey, Group Editor of Consumer Finance Titles, Timetric and Chair of The Digital Banking Club:
- Shashidhar Bhat, Head EMEA Digital Banking, Citibank
- Ankit Chhajer, Digital Lead – Customer Experience Design & Sales, RBS
- Kate Frankish, Head of Payment Strategy, Tesco Bank
- Teppo Paavola, Chief Development Officer, General Manager of New Digital Businesses, BBVA
- Richard Rowntree, Head of Specialist Banking, Future Williams & Glyn
- Simon Cadbury, Director of Strategy and Innovation, Intelligent Environments
POWER 50 2016
We also invited winners of our European Financial Services ‘Power 50’ 2016 awards to join us at the event. They were presented with their Power 50 awards after the panel discussion had concluded.